Monday, October 22, 2012

Unknotting Your Knickers


Who's ready for a little cyber exercise here? Take a second to check-in with yourself and consider whether you've got your knickers in a knot over some situation or another. If you don't come up with anything, holy shit, I think you're enlightened!! Or… in serious denial, and I'd put some nag champa on the line and bet it's the latter.

For those of you who have a grievance that's slightly greater than getting cut off at the Third Sreet intersection, I will also bet you think about this situation a lot. And when you do, I bet you think the same damn thoughts, over and over and over again, kinda like when you reorganize your kitchen and move the forks to a different drawer and then spend the next month swearing because every time you open the old fork drawer you remember that sneaky you thought they needed to be closer to the stove. With the repetitive story situation, however, you can't help but agonize over every detail, and even though that story is so lame, so old, so over-played, so boring, you can't help but tell it to yourself again. You might even write a blog post so that hundreds of people will know your story! 

Guess what?! No matter how many times you tell that story (I'm talking to myself here, but if you also need this little pep talk you can pretend like I wrote this for you), no matter how many people hear you tell it, it doesn't make the pain go away. It does bring your heart rate up though.

Since my last post I've been thinking about how no one intended to bring pain and suffering into my life.  I take it all so personally, but it's not about me. It rarely is. 


Hidden proof that I haven't worked on any projects since peach season


Final product.


The Reservoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment